Plastic Pedal Design Competition
We are working on creating a new plastic MagLOCK Bike Pedal and want your input so we can create the coolest plastic pedal out there! There's nothing like a friendly competition to get the creative juices flowing, so we are holding this design competition to see what you guys can come up with. Below are the competition rules and judging criteria. You only have a week, so start cranking out those ideas!
- Submissions are due at midnight on Sunday, September 6th, 2015.
- Designs are allowed in the following formats: hand-drawn, clay models, rock art, computer images, CAD files, etc. As long as you are able email us clear pictures or files that we can access, it works for us. Please send all CAD files in the .IGS format as well as .JPG renderings.
- For hand-drawn designs, it is suggested to use the template provided in the PDF below.
- The designs must meet the Judging Criteria provided below.
- There are no limits to the number of submissions from an individual. Send us as many as you can conceive.
- Note that MagLOCK Bike Pedal reserves the ability to modify the winning design to meet our engineering and manufacturing requirements.
The person who is decided to have the best design will receive a MagLOCK Bike Pedal t-shirt, hat, a set of the plastic MagLOCK Bike Pedals once they are produced, as well as the satisfaction of knowing that the new plastic MagLOCK Bike Pedal is based on his/her design. The best design will be selected by the MagLOCK Bike Pedal staff and selected design experts.
The designs submitted will be judged on the following criteria.
- Does the design meet the required dimensional specifications? See image below for dimensional requirements. The design must fit within the 3.5 x 3.25 x .75 inch box. The areas highlighted in blue cannot be modified. All dimensions shown are in inches.
- How cool and unique is the design?
- Is the design easily injection molded?
- Is the design light-weight?
- Is the design robust enough to handling rough mountain biking conditions?
Email your design submissions to email@example.com by midnight on Sunday, September 6th, 2015. Send digital images (.JPG, .PDF, etc) of your sketches, pictures, etc. .IGS files are also acceptable for CAD designs, but please provide .JPG renderings as well.